I’m overseas, thus a day late preparing this article.
The purpose of this article isn’t to define what World Environment Day is but to share with you several ways of playing your part. Actually, World Environment Day is similar to Earth Day.
On a daily basis as an individual, there are different ways we can help protect the environment too:
- Eat less sharks’ fin. Instead, have some corn soup or mushroom soup. Chinese restaurants do other soups well too!
- Burn less. Everything. Is there really a need to burn everything?
- Take public transport. Do your math, it can be cheaper to take public transport.
- Take less plastic bags. Bags may state 100% biodegradable, but where will they end up once they’re degraded? Bring your own bags out. I personally have a huge bag to contain everything I buy.
- Plant more trees or flowers at home. Don’t you want fresh oxygen for your kids in the day?
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. The 3Rs.
and so on… I can’t list all the ways here. You could share some?
You see, if we don’t protect our environment, one day we will lose everything.