38 things you MUST know about Malaysia!
This list covers a period of about 49 years since Independence Day in Malaysia (1957)
(1) Out of all the 5 major banks in Malaysia, only one bank is owned by multi-racial, the rest are controlled by Malays.
(2) 99% of PETRONAS (the only one petroleum company) directors are Malays, and the former Prime Minister work as Consultant in PETRONAS.
Ã‚Â (3) 3% of PETRONAS employees are Chinese.
(4) 99% of 2000 PETRONAS gasoline stations are owned by Malays.
Ã‚Â (5) 100% all contractors working under PETRONAS projects must be “bumi’s status” (Malay).
(6) 0% of non-Malays staffs are legally required in Malay’s companies. But there must be 30% Malays staffs in Chinese companies. And big companies in Malaysia require a Malays hold as director status with51% shareholder. Which this mean non-Malays own company needs to give their property to Malays. And non-Malays citizen can’t really own their business.
Ã‚Â (7) 5% of all new intake for government police, nurses, army, is non-Malays.
(8) 2% is the present Chinese staff in Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF), drop from 40% in 1960…
(9) 2% is the percentage of non-Malays government servants in Putrajaya (Malaysia main government office). But Malays make up 98 %.
(10) 7% is the percentage of Chinese government servants in the whole government (in 2004), drop from 30% in 1960. Only 2 position for non-Malays in political status.
(11) 95% of government contracts are given to Malays; even it is an open tender. Non-Malays contractors tender the lower price and use better materials can’t get the contract that government given.
(12) 100% all
Ã‚Â Business licensees are controlled by Malay government e.g. Taxi permits, Approved permits, etc. and all the license are given to government officer families.
(13) 80% of the Chinese rice millers in Kedah (north of peninsular Malaysia) had to be sold to Malay and controlled by Bernas (Government Org.) since 1980s. Otherwise, life is make difficult for Chinese rice millers.
(14) 100 big companies set up, owned and managed by Chinese Malaysians were taken over by government, and later managed by Malays since 1970′se.g. UTC, UMBC, MISC, etc. This company now is the sole company.
(15) At least 10 Chinese owned bus companies (throughout Malaysia, throughout 40 years) had to be sold to MARA or other Malay transport companies due to rejection by Malay authority to Chinese application for bus routes and rejection for their application for new buses.
(16) 2 Chinese taxi drivers were barred from driving in Johor (South of Peninsular Malaysia) Larkin bus station. There are about 30 taxi drivers and 3 are Chinese in October 2004. Spoiling taxi club properties was the reason given.
(17) 0 non-Malays are allowed to get shop lots in the new Muar (city in south peninsular Malaysia) bus station (November 2004).
(18) 8000 billions ringgit is the total amount the government channeled to Malays pockets through ASB, ASN, MARA,Ã‚Â Ã‚Â privatization of government Ã‚Â agencies like Tabung Haji etc, through NEP over 34 years periods.
(19) 48 Chinese primary schools closed down since 1968 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 2000
(20) 144 Indian primary schools closed down since 1968 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 2000
(21) 2637 Malay primary schools built since 1968 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 2000
(22) 2.5% is government budget for Chinese primary schools. Indian schools got only 1%, Malay schools got 96.5%
(23) While a Chinese parent with RM1000 salary (monthly) cannot get school-text-book-loan, and a Malay parent with RM2000 salary is eligible.
(24) 10 all public universities vice chancellors are Malays. And politics in universitiesÃ‚Â Ã‚Â are held by Malays. If non-Malays want to form a Politics parties, there is no way to get approved.
(25) 5% – the government universities lecturers of non-Malay origins had been reduced from about 70% in 1965 to only 5% in 2004 with the reason Malaysia Education Ministry give full support for Malays only.
(26) Only 5% is given to non-Malays for government scholarships over 40years.
(27) 0 Chinese or Indians were sent to Japan and Korea under “Look East Policy”.
(28) 128 STPM (High Study / A Level) Chinese top students could not get into the courseÃ‚Â Ã‚Â that they aspired i.e. Medicine and doctors (in 2004). Malays with not qualify result can get into the course.
(29) 10% place for non-bumi students for MARA science schools beginning from year 2003, but only 7% are filled. Before that it was 100% Malays.
(30) 50 cases whereby Chinese and Indian Malaysians, are beaten up in the National Service program since 2003.
(31) 25% is Malaysian Chinese population in 2004, drop from 45% since1957 because government are not support non-Malays like government support Malays.
(32) 7% is the present Malaysian Indians population (2004), a drop from 12% since 1957.
(33) 2 millions Chinese Malaysians had emigrated to overseas since 40years ago due to unfair politics.
(34) 0.5 million Indians Malaysians had emigrated to overseas.
(35) 3 millions Indonesians had migrated into Malaysia and became Malaysian citizens with bumi’s status.
(36) 600000 are the Chinese and Indians Malaysians with “red I/C” (a temporary identity card) and were rejected repeatedly when applying for citizenship for 40 years. Perhaps 60% of them had already passed away due to old age. This shows racism of how easily Indonesians got their citizenships compare with the Chinese andÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Indians
(37) 5% – 15% discount for a Malay to buy a house, regardless whether the Malay is rich or poor
(38) 2% is what Chinese new villages get compare with 98% of what Malays villages got for rural development budget.P.S This was what I received inÃ‚Â my email box; I am not the author of this article.