This post was written when I was in the car.
If you’re wondering what’s this – WhatsApp is a popular software for iPhone platform. Recently it was introduced for BlackBerry. Soon, Nokia Symbian and Android!
I didn’t get the application until two days ago when I realised its time I contact the developer to purchase it via PayPal directly instead of going to the BlackBerry App World which doesn’t allow users from most (if not all) Asian countries to buy anything yet.
I realised that being able to talk to my friends on iPhone and end up saving on a lot of SMS is already a great deal.
Instantly, I received what people sent, instead of lagging for quite awhile. I thought it should be like this for now but when more use this service, I’m expecting it to be alittle slower.
Functions I like
- Last seen date – shows when your friend was last seen on WhatsApp. You can view it through your friend’s “profile” or at the chat window (appears sometimes).
- Friends list based on mobile phone number (address book) – I do not have to manage another address book.
- Favourites list – allows me to manage people I frequently talk to. Makes talking and selecting people fast.
- Status – I don’t see this as being so useful, but good for a personal note to friends.
- Clean simple design!
What’s not so good?
- Lack of functions! – I don’t expect to be sending files so soon. But can I have logs for my chat?
I think if expectations are put low, with IM in mind, WhatsApp is a wonderful messenger.
Version used to review – WhatsApp Messenger (ver 2.2.2451.400)