Before I start on this entry, I wish to say that this is my personal experience for the past few months using this service.
I am staying at a rented room with my sister and thus we thought that weâ€™re not going to register for wired Internet. Instead, we should just get SingTelâ€™s Mobile Broadband (Mobile 1000).
Someday, some months back, we went down to SingTel at Bugis. Wow, when you sign a two year plan, you get the HSDPA modem (Huawei or Samsung) free. Free registration. Blah blah. We always love promotions, right? And so we signed up (Yes, 24 months contract).
First two months
First two months was ok. Decent bandwidth that I can get. I mean, pages donâ€™t take very long to load. The latency is not that bad.
- MSN cannot connect. This is crap. Totally unacceptable.
- Tibia (MMORPG) lags like hell. I logged in and tried to walk. I couldnâ€™t even walk at all. I would lag for the next 60 seconds and get booted off for no packets sent/received. Damn it. You shall pay for what I paid CIP Soft.
- Websites donâ€™t load at all. Not even SingTel.com. Donâ€™t even think about browsing facebook.com.
- Emails not readable/reply-able. I cannot even get on the Internet smoothly, how can I read and reply my emails smoothly?
- Think I can blog?
What can I do?
- Get home, rest, shower and do face mask. After so much stress and sleeping late because the Internet tends to be not so bad after 12am.
- I called SingTel 3 times in 2 weeks. I am still not getting any reply from their technical team regarding this shit.
- Watch Hot Shot (ç¯®çƒç«). It entertained me for 1 hour.
Screw SingTel. Iâ€™m just bored. Internet sucks and I canâ€™t do much.
SingTel, I want..
- Waiver for my Internet bill for the past 2 months and current. (I paid them already, thinking it will improve)
- Termination of contract.
- Compensate me for my time (having to sleep late to use Internet)
- Compensate me for my loss in not being able to get onto Tibia. Youâ€™re going to pay for my premium account.
If youâ€™re using SingTel Broadband on Mobile..
Iâ€™d like to know howâ€™s your Internet. Comments please.
Category: That sucks!